Embracing water-based coatings as the leading industry technology
About ABC Millwork
ABC Millwork (a division of the Lyman Lumber family of companies) is located in a 100,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility in Chanhassen, Minnesota. ABC is the largest supplier of millwork to professional builders in the Twin Cities. They manufacture and pre-finish on site and specialize in versatility and volume.
Future-Focused with Water-Based Coatings
ABC Millwork had used UV and solvent-based coatings for decades. As the performance and technology of water-based coatings improved, they saw an opportunity to be at the forefront of the global industry trend. ABC partnered with Ceramic Industrial Coatings to fully transition their product line for improved efficiency and performance.
ABC now exclusively uses water-based products which allows them to continue to strive to be better and faster.
- Water is easier to work with and allows for faster production times and consistent results
- Products contain no hazardous waste which eliminates extra costs and safety concerns
- Cleaning and maintenance are much more streamlined
- Environmental improvements are significant
- Custom colors and finishes are readily available to accommodate customer requests
- The versatility and flexibility of the product line, and their partnership with Ceramic, allows for proactive problem-solving and better supply chain management
“The technology of water-based coatings has improved so much that now it is even better than solvent-based. It’s easier to clean up and easier to produce product at a faster rate.”—Chad Rohl, ABC Millwork