Ceramic Industrial Coatings, a leading regional manufacturer of paints and coatings in Fairfax Kansas City, is growing and is looking for Color Match Technician in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. Come join our team and enjoy working in a safe and high-quality factory with great team members. All our jobs offer competitive wages and great benefits. This position is responsible for color matching new paint colors and stains.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Color Matching and production of new colors and stains
- Work closely with customer service and production management to manage incoming color match orders, production schedule and completion dates.
- Using color computers to generate initial color match formulations.
- Using automated dispenses machine for production of color matches.
- Doing all color and quality checks to ensure color match is accurate.
- Organizing Safety Data Sheets, labels, other paperwork for shipping samples to customers
- Production Support – this role will support production during peak periods when needed
- Quality Control Support – this role will support production quality group when needed
- Learn all color and stain production processes and operation of the dispensing machines.
- Embrace of safety program and maintain high standard of cleanliness and organization within work area using established 6S procedures
- Actively participate on all improvement teams to improve safety, quality, productivity and efficiency
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School diploma and minimum 3 years of previous experience working in a manufacturing factory or laboratory or a retail paint operation.
- Aptitude – skills we need are – detail oriented; accurate; organized; good math and reading skills; quick and willing learner.
- Ability and desire to multi-task and work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Attitude – we need a high personal work ethic – enthusiastic, hardworking, trustworthy, and dependable.
- Very good math and reading skills – needed for instructions and recipes.
- Good computer skills – able to use computers for automated dispensing machines and for storing recipes etc.
Interested candidates are encouraged to email resume to the attention of Lucy Gros at firstname.lastname@example.org.